THE DARK LIGHT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE DARK LIGHT

Where mystery and madness unfold

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SWIMMING COMPETITION

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spectral
Exarch
Exarch
Spectral

Number of posts : 1239
Race : Nightelf
Class : Priest

SWIMMING COMPETITION Empty
PostSubject: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:19 am

Event hosted by Begaline

Aims: to be the first player to have swam round Darkmoon Island, and then cannon into the target

Prizes: 1st TCG pet bloat the bubble fish; 2nd a treasure chest with 500gold; 3rd 20 volatile water's

RULES

There will be two starting lines. The "head-start-line" will be at the end of the pier; the "normal-start-line" will be from the middle of the target. What line do I start at, I hear you ask?! Well at the pre-start every one will aim to get within the target via the cannon. Any one that misses will start within the target; also those that aimmed correctly will go to the "head-start-line" (both points will be marked with raid markers). I will be at the target seeing who goes where.

Every one will be given a batch of swim speed potions (10-15). I will explain more about those in a moment.

The race will start with a count down on raid warning from 5, 4, 3, 2, GO!! Competitors will then being to swim clockwise round the island.

No racial aids can be used (ie the druids seal form); nor from gear, or food/drinks, or potions (unless I state so) I will be watching the mini map of dots just to make sure no one cheats. Any one I see cheating will be asked to go back and join the person in last place or be disqualified!!

Extra no no's include no blinking, or racial/class spells/actions that can move you quicker. NO walking on water, and you have to be unmounted. Just plain bog standard swimming allowed. And if you think you can out smart me, am adding in the rule that I can change the rules at any time to prevent some one finding a loop hole Razz

At certain given times (in raid warning) I'll say "STOP!!", this means every one stops swimming. I'll then say a random number between 1 & 100 (also given in raid warning). Every one then does a random roll (/roll). The person nearest or the same as my number gets to run up the shore abit, and then get back in the water (i'll raid warn "bonus stopped" when their small amount of time up). If two or more people have the same (or same number away) they all do it. In addition to this, every one that rolled an "ODD" number gets to drink a swim speed potion, ONCE the race is restarted. The race will restart when in raid warning is say "RESTART!".

An example: my number is 46; but no one has it on their roll; but some one had 41. That person gets to run up the shore; and then also as their number odd will have a second bonus to drink a swim speed potion once the race restarted.

If you run out of swim speed potions, it tough, it means you probably been really lucky and miles ahead any way Razz

When a player gets back to me at the floating target; the race is NOT over; to win they must now ride up to the cannon (make sure you got enough game tokens before you start the race!!), and then use it and land within the target. If you miss, you must retry until you do, So don't panic if you a bit behind in the swim, as the people before you might not be so lucky in landing right.

Extra note: If at any time I feel the swim taking too long; I will enstruct the whole field to mount and ride on shore (if possible) for any given time; but hopefully this wont be needed.

So get your swimming gear on; you got to be in it to win it!!

Last edited by Spectral on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Willowsmudge
Exarch
Exarch
Willowsmudge

Number of posts : 1424
Race : Gnome
Class : Warlock

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:18 am

wow - Willow so little, it will take her for ever to swim round the island!

Brilliant - as Begs is refereeing, he can't cheat!

Should be great fun!
Back to top Go down
Spectral
Exarch
Exarch
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Maybe I can cheat who wins tho! No I will play fairly as possible Razz

Tactics aside; I forgot to add in that this event will take place along side others on Sunday the 5th Aug!!
Back to top Go down
Araxion

Araxion

Number of posts : 3
Race : Human
Class : Paladin

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:48 am

I will not win this with all my heavy gear on. does it count if you walk along the ocean floor??? Razz
Back to top Go down
Willowsmudge
Exarch
Exarch
Willowsmudge

Number of posts : 1424
Race : Gnome
Class : Warlock

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 am

Yes it does, and if you drown we will mourn your death.......
Back to top Go down
Spectral
Exarch
Exarch
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:47 pm

LOL - update to rules, to include, No blinking or walking on water, and you have to be unmounted; JUST normal swimming allowed; the only aids you can use is if you manage to win the chance to use one of your swim speed potions Razz
Back to top Go down
Araxion

Araxion

Number of posts : 3
Class : Paladin

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:29 am

LOL Smile Its Gonna Be Fun
Back to top Go down
Briandie
Lay Member
Lay Member
Briandie

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 am

I think, whether the swimming would take too long can easily be found out by doing a test run. Smile And most importantly, the luck factors of the rules are really a ground-breaker. Once I participated in a guild event where we had to run on land from one place to another. (It was in Durotar so it was not our guild that organized it. Smile) We were asked to run without any gear on. When everyone runs at the same speed it is almost impossible to take over other racers, so there was a good chance that if you had not started earlier than others you lost the whole thing. But the water brings an additional dimension into the game, giving more chances for everyone to take a wrong direction, or to utilize others' mistakes, probably some environmental obstacles as well, and those extra rolls will surely be quite exciting too.
Back to top Go down
Spectral
Exarch
Exarch
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Yes it was great fun Bri; I must try an organise something similar again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Briandie
Lay Member
Lay Member
Briandie

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 am

Oh did it happen already? Oops I didn't check the date of the post. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spectral
Exarch
Exarch
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:42 pm

No worries, it was back in the summer; i can put my thinking cap on and do a frosty version for winter veil santa with extra trimmings affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWIMMING COMPETITION   SWIMMING COMPETITION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWIMMING COMPETITION
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK LIGHT :: 5TH ANNIVERSARY PROGRAMME-
Jump to: