THE DARK LIGHT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE DARK LIGHT

Where mystery and madness unfold

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trade Fair

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:43 pm

The Trade Fair is coming soon.

This will be a meeting for the whole guild where we can get together and see what we can make for each other - and work on our manufacturing skills! We will meet near banking/AH facilities and attempt to equip each other to the best standard possible, making use of the supplies available in our bank and in the Dark Vaults.

Our Quartermaster, Lightsteward, has about a hundred pieces of equipment (mostly up to about level 60) that he will be able to distribute on the day.
Back to top Go down

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:42 pm

General Invitation to a

Trade Fair

Monday 25th May

4 PM ST, 5 PM UK

Before the Gates of Ironforge

((Meet up just outside the Ironforge gates. Bring all of your alts, stock up on mats. We will make gear for each other and distribute whatever spare equipment we have. I'll have a LW, BS, JC, Alchemist, Enchanter, Tailor and Scribe, but mostly only up to about skill level 300.))

To be followed/accompanied by duelling, drinking and general carrying-on!!
Back to top Go down
Spectral
Exarch
Exarch
Spectral

Number of posts : 1239
Race : Nightelf
Class : Priest

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:55 pm

((6 PM ST))

((also known as GT = Game Time))
Back to top Go down

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:08 pm

(Oops, oh yeah. Like Spec says.)

Thanks everyone who came and made this a fun and useful event. It was utterly chaotic and the constant alt-swapping gave several people nose-bleeds - especially anyone managing the Raid invites!

Any suggestions on a way to organise things better (I mean "at all") gratefully received!!
Back to top Go down
Vallenna
Associate
Associate
Vallenna

Number of posts : 513
Race : Night Elf
Class : Druid

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:59 pm

It was fun - though confusing when I forgot I couldn't invite people because I was an alt!

How about we get alts assembled in the same place so it is easier to change? Or perhaps restrict it to a selection of professions and we get the alts there who can benefit and/or get the characters there who can contribute/make. In turn, those people offering should have the opportunity to receive.

Personally I haven't a clue what all my alts need or can make, so i'm not much use at planning ahead. It was a case of seeing whether what was on offer would be useful.

So - not much help at all What a Face
Back to top Go down

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 am

It is hard to imagine how to organise this kind of event - at least without nosebleeds - so I'd like to suggest an alternative.

We used to have a Notional Lottery. Everyone put in a gold and the winner took all. This was fun and I'd like to see a return of something similar, but what I'd like to suggest is a (virtual) reality makeover version. All of our most hard-up and ill-equipped members enter. One is selected - whether by chance or through some humiliating other process. The luckiest/most shameless winner is rewarded with a a Guild Makeover.

For the following week, the winner will be visited by, or may call upon, other members of the guild to "makeover" their fighting gear and weapons, give them enchants, <reads from a card sent by Ritva> "sort out their wardrobe so they've got a nice frock or something", accompany them on difficult missions or with achievements, or just help them to learn to make the most of their skills.

All help offered will be entirely voluntary, and, while it should be genuinely helpful, may not necessarily reflect the needs or aspirations of the winner.

Perhaps tonight at the Black Widow...?
Back to top Go down
Vallenna
Associate
Associate
Vallenna

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Great idea! Will you set it up Green? I presume we don't have to come as the person whose name we put in the 'hat'.

Any level?
Back to top Go down

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Well, I'm inclined to say that only the people who are there are eligible to enter. So, for example, Willow can't enter on behalf of Shirrya. If Shirrya wants the prize, she'll have to front up and make herself known to the assembled company. I think it's important that the person who stands to win must be the one to suffer any embarrassment deriving from participation!

Poorly-equipped and inexperienced folks are likely to benefit more than the most powerful, so it might be better for them to enter - but I think anybody who wins would stand to benefit in some way.

I've no idea on what basis to pick the winner, but we'll come up with something!
Back to top Go down
Vallenna
Associate
Associate
Vallenna

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks for clarifying that. Sounds fair.

Now, which one of my characters would appreciate humiliation and being put in the stocks......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trade Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Fair   Trade Fair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trade Fair
Page 1 of 1